Semi Permanent Brow Treatments
The best results come from the “Do Nothing” or “Dry Healing” method. The absolute best results come from keeping your brows extremely DRY for the next 10 days! Keeping them dry makes them retain more detail, better color, and more crisp strokes, so they come out sophisticated once healed! It sounds annoying and hard work! but can be done if you’re dedicated. Here’s how…
For the first 4 hours after the procedure dab the brows with a clean dry cotton pad or tissue. This is to make sure of no lymphatic liquid is remaining on the surface of the brow.
Keep your face directly out of the shower stream & do your best to carefully wash hair and keep face as dry as possible. Also make sure showers aren’t to hot as too much steam can harm brows as well.
With Microblading; the first 7 days are important as this method is a form of cut, you will need to cleanse the brow area softly with a clean cotton pad and distilled water. Do this every morning and night to keep the brow clean. (A fingers width from the front, keeping the arch and tail dry).
When washing your face, be sure not to splash water onto your face like we normally do. Instead use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipe to wash AROUND the brows, making sure they stay dry!
Do not apply any make up or moisturiser to either your brow or your forehead for AT LEAST 2 weeks.
No heavy exercising or sweating for at least 10 days post procedure. If you want the best color and detail retention, this is crucial.
After 2 weeks you may wash your face normally, including your brows! with a gentle face wash, such as Cetaphil. ( make sure for all your facial products to be oil free for longer lasting brows)
• Avoid touching the treated area or applying with products for 6 hours following treatment. After that light makeup can be applied and the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
• Until the initial swelling and redness has resolved please do not expose the area to intense heat. Eg sunbeds, sunbathing or extreme cold.
• Please do not exercise for 48 hours after your procedure as it can cause migration of filler.
• If you have previous suffered facial herpes, there is a risk that injections could contribute to another eruption.
• If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, please be aware that this may increase the risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
• Any injection causes an inflammatory response – This means two things;
• This is not your final result – It is not uncommon for the treatment area to remain swollen for up to two weeks. During this time the area may look very uneven, feel bumpy, bruised, discolored and may feel sore. Please do not panic. It is normal during this period to not be entirely happy with your results. Patience here is key.
• The final result will be apparent approximately 14 days after treatment. If you have any concerns, please book in for a review after this two-week period is up. Any initial discomfort during this period can be eased by application of ice.
• This is not your final result – Any injection causes an inflammatory response. This can easily cause disappointment over the following weeks because as the swelling subsides, the treatment area may look significantly less plump than it looked immediately after injection.
• The filler has not dissolved nor disappeared, you have not wasted your money. The filler has simply sunken and formed a layer at the base of your treatment area. Many clients find they need two or three sessions in order to layer filler on top of one another – until the filler no longer has room to sink – leaving you with a fuller look.